Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: " Sinner "cd

  1. #1
    Inactive Member PartyGrrrlzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2005
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Oh my GAWD

    WE just had to enlighten everyone here that Joan Jett and The Blackhearts are to release their newest cd " SINNER " on either May 30th or June 6th

    This is FANTABULUS newzzz for any JETThead. WE can't stop screaming yeah, oh yeah, oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

    Yourzzz ever so truely

    [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] 'zzz
    [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    <font size="6">Well, bless Joan's little </font>
    Barnsley20 20Black20Heart

    A new CD!!! Thanks for the enlightenment PartyGrrrlzzz!
    I'll drink to that!
    <center> [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    Gus</center>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Wingnut!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2005
    Posts
    526
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Gus you'll [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] to anything [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Sportyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 10th, 2004
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well PartyGrrrlzzz, I hope what you found out is true and the new CD comes out on time like they say. I myself am "cautiously" optimistic about your news. The rumors of the "Naked" stateside release has swirled around for the last year or so and still no new Joan CD. At this point I am a pessimist at best. So I wait and see and hope it happens. Until I see it I'll remain skeptical.
    Sportyfan

    PS
    YEEEEEEEHAAAAAW!!!!
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member davthepunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2006
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have 'Naked' on CD. TBH, I didn't think that much of it...

    Joan Jett has done some great songs but IMO she has done almost as much rubbish too. Sorry if I'm making burgers out of anyone's sacred cows here but that's the way I feel. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member PlanetSorrow76's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2005
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I too have my doubts as well,NAKED under a different title? yeah.. I'll see what the list of songs are then make my choice, I already have a copy of NAKED , why bother to get another cd with a different title and a remake song? It's ashame Joan's such a great song writer , I'm sure she has ALOT of 'newer' material floating around somewhere instead of the same old boring re-makes
    Just my opinion [img]smile.gif[/img]

    [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member davthepunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2006
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by PlanetSorrow76:
    I too have my doubts as well,NAKED under a different title? yeah.. I'll see what the list of songs are then make my choice, I already have a copy of NAKED , why bother to get another cd with a different title and a remake song? It's ashame Joan's such a great song writer , I'm sure she has ALOT of 'newer' material floating around somewhere instead of the same old boring re-makes
    Just my opinion [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My honest opinion is that Joan has gone stale. She's been bashing out the same sort of stuff since the mid-1980s and after a while, it all starts to sound the same. Her first three albums were really good but it's like she never really moved on much from there and has just continued to (in the words of Jello Biafa) 'give the fans just what they want and nothing else at all'. I have nearly all her records and TBH, if you were to play one of her songs for me, I'd be hard-pressed to tell you which album it came from and what year it was recorded. Is it any wonder that public interest in her has waned?

  8. #8
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Never misunderestimate the power of a Rock Gal!
    With Sinner and the Warped Tour, there's no telling what a re-vitalized Joan Jett might be putting out there in the future!

    I like to think of her sound as being the sound of The Runaways, alive and well in the new millenium!

    Rock on Naked Sinner!
    Rock On!
    xyxthumbs
    Gus

  9. #9
    Inactive Member davthepunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2006
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by gus danger:
    Never misunderestimate the power of a Rock Gal!
    With Sinner and the Warped Tour, there's no telling what a re-vitalized Joan Jett might be putting out there in the future!

    I like to think of her sound as being the sound of The Runaways, alive and well in the new millenium!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Still, while her hardcore fans might think she's 'keeping it real', she runs the risk of being seen by the rest of the music-buying public as a bit of an old rock dinosaur.

    If the Runaways had stayed together, I doubt that they'd still be playing the same sort of stuff now that they were in the 70's (at least I'd hope not). The way I see it, most musicians/bands evolve their sound over time, take in new influences and experiment with new directions and styles and are not afraid of challenging (and possibly alienating) their fans for the sake of their artistic integrity. Take The Clash for example - by the time they broke up, their music was almost completely unrecognisable as the same band that thrashed out 'White Riot' in 1977. They lost a lot of fans along the way by following their muse - but they gained a lot too.

    I know I'll get flamed for this, but what the heck. Joan Jett seems to be stuck in her comfort zone with regards to her music - knowing that she'll get a steady stream of aging Jett-heads pogoing to her latest samey, three-chord hard rock compositions, she doesn't try anything new and it all stagnates. I see Joan a bit like the way I viewed the Ramones - always reasonably good but always so **** predictable.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member davthepunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2006
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Also (this board won't let me edit my last post), the Warped Tour is nothing special. As well as being a corporate event, it is frequented largely by fashion punks and teenyboppers these days...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic